Management of your personal information
- We manage your personal information in line with our obligations under the privacy laws.
- To offer the goods and services we provide in our online retail and wholesale business, we will need to collect your personal information.
- Personal information is defined as information that can identify you in some way and includes but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your name and address, telephone numbers and email address;
- financial information, including bank account details and credit card details;
- proof of age identification;
- identification information – name, date of birth, current or previous address, driver’s licence number;
- trade references – name of entity, ABN, contact name, telephone number, fax number, email, years trading with you;
- consumer credit liability information- name of credit provider, type of consumer credit, details of the consumer credit provided.
- The 13 Australian Privacy Principles can be found at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles/australian-privacy-principles-quick-reference/
- We will only collect information in accordance with the law, the Australian Privacy Principles and through fair means.
Collecting and looking after your information
- We only collect personal information with your consent, and which is necessary for our business.
- We collect this information so we can deliver our goods and services to you, carry on our business and provide you with anything else you might require.
- On signing up, and placing an order, we will collect from you: your name, email contact, phone number, address, date of birth; and your credit card details if you select that payment method (we do not store bank & credit card details).
- When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about: your computer’s operating system; your computer’s browser type and capability, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address and geolocation; pages visited on our site, including how you were referred to each page; and web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
- We may record phone calls for customer service training purposes.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities except where we are compelled to by law or in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions.
- We store this information on secure cloud servers. These servers are protected by best practice cloud security measures which are in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
Use of your personal information
- We use your personal information for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer, including securing payment for and delivering your orders and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- We also use that information for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use the information or where permitted by law.
- We use the sort of information collected from your computer for the purposes of managing our website, improving our business and ultimately delivering better goods and services to our customers.
- Use of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Disclosure of your personal information
- If we do disclose your personal information it will only be for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us disclose the information.
- We may disclose your personal information in any other way that is required or authorised by you or the law.
- We may disclose your personal information, with consent, for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- Typical situations where your consent will be implied include, but are not limited to disclosure to third parties that provide services such as our payment gateway, marketing, logistic and technology support which are required to fulfil a transaction.
- In addition, disclosure of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Direct marketing and spam
- We will only use your information for direct marketing (advertising, special offers, updates etc) if you have given express or implied consent to receive it.
- We will only ever send you direct marketing communications that are consistent with our obligations under Australian Privacy Principle 7 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- We will always make it clear and simple to opt out of these communications and will respond to an opt out request within 5 business days.
- There are lots of links that will allow you to opt-out of direct marketing communications on the communications themselves but if they aren’t showing up, for whatever reason, please email us to request an opt-out.
- As part of our business, disclosure of your personal information may be made to offshore entities for the purpose of storing and processing our data.
- The countries where these entities reside are varied due to the nature of wireless networks and cloud computing it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located but we know that disclosure may be made to the following countries: United States.
- Where an offshore disclosure is made it is always in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principle, particularly Australian Privacy Principle 1 and 8.
Your rights to correct or complain
- We are only allowed to keep your personal information if it is correct.
- At any time you can contact us and seek access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- We are contactable by email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to us at: All Premium Wines: Corporate One, Ground Floor 84 Hotham Street Preston Victoria 3072
- If you wish to complain about a breach of your rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) please contact us on the email and postal addresses above providing details of your complaint in writing.
- We will respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you aren’t happy with our response you can complain directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by going to the following website https://www.oaic.gov.au